Jun 14, 2022
How does social media generate business on a national scale
while maintaining a consistent stream of referrals and contacts?
Join Jimmy in today’s episode of The Real Estate Sales podcast
featuring real estate agent and social media maven Glennda Baker to
learn her top tips and tricks for social media success with
Glennda’s social media beginnings:
- After getting frustrated during an inspection, Glennda got on
Facebook live in her car to vent.
- The inspector had told her the building’s brick was moist, and
she needed a mason expert to investigate it. (Overlooking that it
had been raining for the past three weeks.)
- A viewer recommended she make it a series and call it “Posts
from the Porshe.” So, she did!
Video creation is a powerful tool.
- Glennda learned she could be whoever she wanted to be online,
and she can magnify it through video!
- It was May of 2021 when her first video went ‘viral,’ and she
had just 122 followers. After that video, she had 34k. And now,
640k followers are engaging with her content and looking to her for
real estate advice.
- Glennda doesn’t do trending dances or use trending sounds. It’s
just all real estate.
Short-form video offers an immediate relationship with
- Because her audience views her as a real estate expert, Glennda
has built connections with agents across the country.
- Redfin shows feeder
markets that buy into an area - use that as a resource to find
potential networking opportunities.
- Tag locations you frequent when you post. You’ll be seen as a
community member and can use other people’s pages as a resource to
Creating great content.
- Glennda doesn’t look solely at real estate content for
inspiration, but she looks at it a lot.
- She notes everything she does throughout the day and sends
ideas to her video producer as she thinks of them.
- She shoots at home, where she’s comfortable. She also wants her
viewers to feel like they’re friends, not strangers - they’re
welcome in her home.
- Make sure you’ve got a process as you shoot content. Know when
you can make the best content, and schedule it to make it
The secret of post-production:
- She is not a video editor. Instead, her producer, Denver,
shoots, produces and edits her video content.
- Even if you’re shooting it - give it to someone to edit. As a
real estate agent, you likely don’t have the skill, time, or talent
for video production. Passing it off is one less thing you need to
- Live video is great if you’re concerned about filming ‘perfect’
content. People love the authenticity of raw video, and live
content makes that happen.
Engaging with content:
- Glennda’s average watch time is 31.9 seconds, while the average
watch time is just 9 seconds.
- Engage directly with comments and direct messages to make the
experience more personal and authentic.
- She has also started posting reply videos to content that has
Tik Tok tips:
- You have to produce 7-8 Instagram reels to garner the exposure
you’d receive from one Tik Tok.
- When it comes to posts, people come for the story but stay for
- Audiences like you more when they can relate to you and when
you aren’t perfect.
- Don’t share multiple posts on the same day; spread out your
- You can now post videos up to 10 minutes long; most of
Glennda’s stay under 2.
- Reels require you to be under 60 seconds, and Reels do better
when they’re shorter.
Glennda’s final and most important takeaway? Be your authentic
self, and the audience will come. For more content from Glennda,
check out her website.
Do you have a video or content idea that is perfect for your
business? Share it with Jimmy! Connect with Jimmy Burgess on
and Facebook and his
channel. If you like what you heard today, we’d love it
if you’d share a rating or review and then subscribe to the podcast
and tell others about it. You can find The Real Estate Sales
Audible, and our website, The Real Estate Sales