Jun 28, 2022
For things to move up in your
life, you might need to decrease things holding you back. In
today’s episode of The Real Estate Sales Podcast, Jimmy discusses
seven things you should look to cut back on or remove from your
life to make more room for professional and personal
1. Your ego must be decreased.
- Once you’re in the real estate business for a
while, you might feel all-knowing regarding the
- Your ego tells you that you don’t need to know
or learn more. But there’s always something new to build upon your
2. Reduce wasted time.
- It can be easy to enter the office, waste half
a day, and then feel overwhelmed or unproductive. Come to the
office prepared to know what you need to work on!
- Make to-do lists and schedules the day before,
and prepare your desk or room for the next day before you leave to
ensure you’re set for success.
3. Decrease your fear of the phone.
- The first call you make is the toughest, and it
gets drastically easier once you get the ball
- Make a list of the numbers you’re going to call
the day before to remove a lot of the stress you might associate
with talking on the phone.
4. Reduce your time in the office.
- People no longer walk into real estate agents
looking for help; they’re out in the community.
- Look for local places, events, charities, and
establishments to work to gain exposure in the community and
5. Eliminate useless marketing
- Do you maintain various marketing initiatives
because you think they are the right thing to do?
- If you aren’t gaining engagement from specific
tactics, switch it up! Take the data you have from the things you
spend money and time on, and determine which items do (or don’t)
generate your business.
6. Decrease time with buyers over listings
- Buyers are easier to work with, but working
with listings takes more skill and can make you more
- If you can develop the skill, you’ll be a
business owner rather than a salesperson.
7. Eliminate your passivity.
- We all have something we know we can do to gain
more growth and exposure. Stop making excuses and make it
Do you have a video or content
idea that is perfect for your business? Share it with Jimmy!
Connect with Jimmy Burgess on LinkedIn and Facebook and his
If you like what you heard today, we’d love it if you’d share a
rating or review and then subscribe to the podcast and tell others
about it. You can find The Real Estate Sales Podcast on
Audible, and our website, The Real Estate Sales