Sep 24, 2021
Lead generation is the foundation of every real estate agent’s
success. In today’s episode, Jimmy shares forty different
lead generation strategies you can use to grow and
Find new audiences.
- Connect with people who’ve rented 8-9 months ago (and their
lease is about to expire.)
- Contact property owners who might consider selling, especially
if their property’s lease is up.
- Reach out to past buyers to either gauge their interest in
buying or selling or stay top-of-mind for referrals.
- Reach out to newly engaged couples.
- Reach out to couples who are recently pregnant or plan to start
or grow their family.
- Contact new empty nesters to see if they want to sell.
- Check expired listings, specifically those 6-18 months
- Contact for sale by owner properties. They want to sell but
just haven’t found the right agent.
- Work divorce leads.
- Work probate listings. Someone passes away, and somebody has to
settle the estate.
- Contact for rent by owners. Get the details on the rentals, and
see if they’re interested in selling or considering buying another
Utilize social media and the internet.
- Create community YouTube videos
- Share a property in a Facebook Buy/Sell/Trade group, and drive
those interested to pages with more information.
- Build or add to your Google My Business page.
- Don’t be afraid to ask for referrals, and then share that on
social media and your website.
- Create reels on Instagram to have successful short-form
- LinkedIn articles are far more successful than other content
forms on the platform.
- Buy Google Adwerx to generate online leads.
- Run Facebook Ads. It’s very easy to do so, whether you hire
someone, take a course, or even just watch a YouTube video
- Buy Zillow leads.
- Buy Realtor.com leads
- Utilize Opcity, which sends you referrals and leads and only
charges referral fees with a closing.
- Add value to Facebook groups. There can be thousands of people
in these groups looking for answers to questions.
- Digital farming. Generate an email list of owners within an
area monthly video newsletter that describes any changes in the
market. Offer a free, no-obligation update on their home
Don’t forget traditional tactics!
- Join a referral group to share referrals with other agents and
- Door knocking is a classic tactic for a reason.
- Farm neighborhoods.
- Host a first-time homebuyer seminar.
- Host open houses
- Contact your sphere of influence.
- Check on preforeclosure homes.
- Throw a house-warming party for your clients. Pay for the party
and meet all their friends.
- Throw a going-away party for people you’ve sold with.
- Sign up to do BPOs. You’ll get a small amount of money but also
find people who are interested in selling.
- Call tract build neighborhoods.
- Bold leads let you find seller leads who are interested in
their home value. It’s a great way to build value for people.
- Build relationships with agents in feeder markets. Send letters
and offer referral fees to get a constant stream of leads.
- Write articles for your local magazines or newspapers. Because
you are writing and published, you’ll be considered a local
- Circle prospecting is one of the most effective tactics to
generate new listings.
- Unsolicited video CMAs. Record your screen and go through
Do you have a tactic that isn’t mentioned above? Tell us about
Do you have a video or content idea that is perfect for your
business? Share it with Jimmy! Connect with Jimmy Burgess on
and Facebook and his
If you like what you heard today, we’d love it if you’d share a
rating or review and then subscribe to the podcast and tell others
about it as well. You can find The Real Estate Sales Podcast on
Audible, and our website, The Real Estate Sales