Sep 21, 2021
When it comes to the hustle of finding new clients, there’s a
group of people largely left ignored: your own past clients. At the
time of closing, 91% of people say they would relist with their
current agent. However, only 24% of them actually do. The
disconnect? Realtors aren’t maintaining communication with this
important group of people. Here are seven things you can do to
build clients for life.
1. Make sure they are in your database.
- Create a monthly newsletter and send it to your past clients
2. Send property updates
- Right after their initial closing, send them information about
changes in their property value once a month. After a few months,
you might be able to send updates less frequently but maintain
communication to keep the conversation going.
3. Utilize Homebot.ai
- Homebot.ai is a platform that sends people their equity, cost
breakdown, and lots of other important information about their
- The open rates on these reports are through the roof. Why?
Because they’re professional and information messages that contain
helpful information for the person.
4. Send quarterly personal touches.
- Every three months, send a quick text just to stay up-to-date
with the past client.
- Every six months, send them an unsolicited video CMA.
- The video CMA allows you to share information that makes people
want to continue the conversation.
- Annually, after you send a video CMA, follow up with a personal
5. Automate digital marketing
- Make sure every single past client of yours is a friend on
FaceBook or Instagram.
- Don’t just be a realtor, be a friend. Referring a friend is far
more powerful than referring a realtor.
6. Utilize Adwerx
- Make a list of your past buyers, create a sphere of influence
group, and run digital ads for that group.
- Brand yourself as the expert. And if they continually see your
face and branding, they’ll think of you when they need an
7. Make sure you celebrate.
- Send your past clients something on their home anniversary,
their actual anniversary, or birthday.
- Make it as personalized as possible. Send a video text or a
hand-written letter to make it as specific as possible.
- Platforms like SendOutCards create
personalized hand-written letters based on a handwriting sample you
Implement these different tactics to take your client
relationships to the next level. And even better, make your past
sales help create future opportunities.
Do you have a video or content idea that is perfect for your
business? Share it with Jimmy! Connect with Jimmy Burgess on
and Facebook and his
If you like what you heard today, we’d love it if you’d share a
rating or review and then subscribe to the podcast and tell others
about it as well. You can find The Real Estate Sales Podcast on
Audible, and our website, The Real Estate Sales