Jan 28, 2022
Generating leads is the lifeblood of real estate. In today’s
episode of The Real Estate Sales Podcast, Jimmy shares 22
strategies to find new buyer leads that will kick off your
new year with a positive and productive note. Some have upfront
costs, some involve referral fees, and some require more work. But
all of them, when used correctly, will help you find the leads you
- Nurtures lead to a certain point and then offers that lead to
various realtors. With Opcity, you’ll pay anywhere from a 30-35%
referral fee only if the deal goes through.
- “Can you help me out?” posts - This is a great
tactic to find a specific home for a potential buyer; ask your
network if they know anyone whose home fits that description!
- Join a leads group - Typically run through
your local chamber of commerce, it’s a group of business owners who
want more clients. If one doesn’t exist in your area, start your
- Target renters - Because most rentals are
one-year leases. Targeting landlords whose tenant’s lease is about
to expire can yield great results.
- Throw house warming parties - If someone just
bought a house, their friends and family are likely considering
buying as well. Throwing a party creates an event where you can
target those around the new homeowner (all while celebrating a big
- Redfin -
While it isn’t available everywhere, Redfin regularly sends leads
for a 30-35% referral rate.
- Referrals from feeder market agents -
Developing relationships with agents from other markets (and
offering a referral fee) is a great way to establish connections
and clients from a feeder market.
- Door knocking is a great strategy to inform
everyone in a particular area if a specific home is for sale.
Often, some people are also considering selling.
- YouTube videos - Creating videos about the
buying process and your community is a great tactic to reach people
interested in your area.
- Post listings on Facebook buy and sell groups
- These groups often have thousands of members, and it’s a great
way to reach people in a particular area. People will tag those
they think are interested, giving you targets to
- Zillow leads - If you’re willing to invest
money, Zillow is a great resource.
- Hose open houses - This is the best way to reach potnetial
buyers. If you don’t have a current listing, ask an agent in your
network or brokerage if they’d be interested in you running
- Google My Business - Google is the most-used
search engine in the world. And Google offers business pages to
help generate free organic traffic.
- Add value in Facebook groups - Answer
questions and clarify information (but don’t spam people) to
provide value for people interested in joining your community.
- Instagram reels and TikToks - Create quick
1-minute videos about information buyers will be interested in.
It’s a great way to generate organic traffic.
- Buy Facebook Ads - If you don’t know how to do
this, hire someone who can. (Or look it up on YouTube.) Take
advantage of this easy opportunity!
- Call for rent by owners - Even if they aren’t
interested in selling their investment, you can see if they’re
interested in acquiring more properties.
- First-time home buyer seminars - Get together
with a lender, credit specialist, and other important figures to
teach first-time home buyers about how they can start their
Realtor.com leads - While this involves an
upfront cost, investing in realtor.com leads is a great way to fill
your pipeline with impressive ROI.
- Coming soon post on social media - If you are
allowed to do this (depending on your MLS), these posts are a great
way to generate interest and share with people before it reaches
- Run Google Ads - This is a great tactic to
focus on your ideal buyer. Hire someone or learn if you don’t know
- Friday favorite posts - Consistently posting
your favorite property currently listed gives people a consistent
source to visit to see available homes.
Generate and convert leads to buyers through using these 22
strategies. Make this your best year yet by engaging and developing
a robust list of potential new homeowners!
Do you have a video or content idea that is perfect for your
business? Share it with Jimmy! Connect with Jimmy Burgess on
and Facebook and his
channel. If you like what you heard today, we’d love it
if you’d share a rating or review and then subscribe to the podcast
and tell others about it as well. You can find The Real Estate
Sales Podcast on
Audible, and our website, The Real Estate Sales